3 and 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour (preferably freshly milled)
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 - 1 and 1/4 cup water
Flaxseed and millet, to taste (optional)
Italian seasoning, to taste
Salt for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt, flaxseed, millet and seasoning (if using).
3. Add oil and 1 cup of water and mix until blended. Add an additional 1/4 cup if needed.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as possible (no thicker than 1/8 inch).
5. Place dough on ungreased baking sheet, cutting excess from edges.
6. Mark squares with knife or pizza cutter, but don't cut through.
7. Prick each cracker with a fork.
8. Brush a light coat of olive oil on top and season with parmesan cheese, additional seasonings, and/or salt.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and light brown.
10. When cool, separate crackers into squares.