Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Experiencing Grace Through Creation


Monday we took a ferry to the Agina Greek Island for our day off. We spent the day exploring the town, taking pictures, and resting on the beach. The hours spent on the beach were a timely blessing from God. Emily, Caroline and I discovered a (mostly) unoccupied, secluded beach and unpacked ourselves there. We swam, took a nap under the sun, and then I spent quality time with the Lord. It was a peaceful and relaxing afternoon. Straight ahead was the dark blue sea with a mountainous backdrop. To the left was a view of ancient ruins. The sun was strong, but was offset by the constant breeze. It was picturesque. And even more, God’s timing, as always, was perfect. It was providence that God chose for the team to split up that day. Lately, it’s been difficult finding time to spend alone with the Lord because we’re so busy and the team is always together, leaving room for many distractions. But on this day, with both of the girls with me asleep, I lay there listening to worship music, reading my Bible, and just enjoying God’s creation. In those moments, I was absolutely certain of God’s goodness. I praised him for his creativity. I praised him that he allowed me to be there in that moment giving credit to Him for his beautiful works. How lucky was I to be experiencing God’s grace like that?

No comments: